ICF GHK’s planning, land and economic development work links the practice and techniques of planning, particularly those concerning land uses and land resources, with economic growth and poverty reduction.
Our services focus on research, policy analysis, and the design, implementation and evaluation of projects within:
- Urbanisation, urban growth and urban poverty
- Urban, spatial and land-use planning and legislation
- Land administration, management and registration
- Urban environment, resilience and sustainability
- Urban, regional and local economic development
We are particularly concerned with urban development. There is a growing need for technical and advisory support to strengthen urban transition, planning and management practices for the rapidly urbanising and expanding metropolitan regions, cities and towns of the developing world.
In the urban sector, ICF GHK is one of the few consulting firms which can offer the integrated capacity to make strategic and action plans, to improve governance and financial systems, and to deliver better infrastructure services.